ColdBlock™ Digestion and CEMI have been collaborating partners since 2009. ColdBlock™ Digestion has developed a sample digestion technology to dissolve solid matter into a solution for instrumental multi-element analysis. It uses focused short-wave infrared radiation (IR) which allows laboratory technicians to be more accurate and precise, makes it easier to use, and also reduce requirement of hazardous reagents.
The benefits of this technology for mining companies are:
- Productivity Gains through
- Shortened sample preparation time
- Accelerated sample throughput (rapid sample digestion)
- Safer and greener technology than traditional methods
The commercialization activities undertaken have been specific, intensive and successful.
To learn more about Coldblock visit: www.coldblock.ca
Covergalls , a Canadian company, designs work coveralls for women. 15% of the mining workforce is women. Covergalls is designed to accommodate the needs of women mining underground
Alicia Woods, founder of Covergalls, has worked in the mining service and supply sector for more than 15 years. Through “observation-based innovation”, she identified a key opportunity in the market.
Working with BizMine’s IPO, she was able to obtain:
- Business advisory services
- Online marketing course
- Market development activities (meetings with mining sector leaders)
- Network with the Council on Innovation & Commercialization (Conference Board of Canada) led to a meeting at 3M’s Innovation Centre (Minnesota) and the ability to meet new customers.
To learn more about Covergalls visit: www.covergallsworkwear.com