MICA National Mining Innovation NetworkFor Made in Canada Solutions
Last updated July 7, 2020
The Mining Innovation Commercialization Accelerator (MICA) is a submission to the Federal Strategic Innovation Fund, Stream 5. MICA is a National Network for innovators with solutions for the mining sector, designed to bridge the innovation-commercialization gaps that delay commercial success, domestically and globally. MICA will combine $40M federal funding with $80M from the private sector to benefit the Canadian economy and the global mining sector by:
- advancing made-in-Canada solutions and integrating cross-sector innovators nationally
- networking all sector innovators, to share business best practices and export expertise
About the MICA Network
Connect Regional Mining Clusters to Cross-Sector Innovation Centres accross the country to create a National Network to commercialize innovations into the mining industry.
Use the Canadian advantage of SME-based innovations to create a national mining technology ecosystem to develop new clean technologies for the sector that will lead the transition to a low-carbon future.
Build a national ecosystem as a network of collaborative regional clusters
Create regional networks to rapidly increase domestic and export sales
Scale-up Canadian SMEs to participate in global mining supply chains
Accelerate the number and scale of home-grown Canadian mining SMEs
Commercialize new, late-stage, high-impact mining technologies
Scale-up Canadian SMEs to participate in global mining supply chain
MICA TECHNICAL THEMES
- Increase Mine Productive Capacity, at Lower Cost.
- Reduce Energy Consumption and GHG Emissions.
- Mitigate environmental risk and long-term liabilities.
- Implement Smart, Autonomous Mining Systems.
Who can join MICA?
- Mine/Plant Operating Companies,
- Innovative Canadian SMEs,
- Large Technology Companies,
- Innovators, Academic & Research Organizations and
- Industry Associations
Express your interest in joining MICA
Templates available to download
Send completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Mining Companies and Plant Operators
executives, managers, innovation leaders, decision makers from Mine Operating and Mineral Processing Plant Operating Companies in Canada.
For Canadian SMEs, OEMs and Innovators
owners, inventors, managers and Innovators from organizations that support the Mining and Mineral Processing industry in Canada.
In May 2020 CEMI held 2 information sessions about the MICA national ecosystem.
- How Mining Companies and Plant Operators can participate in MICA – Download PDF
- How Canadian SMEs, OEMs and Innovators can participate in MICA – Download PDF
Both Webinars provided participants with some insight about the program and how organizations can participate.
CEMI Welcomes MICA Network Participants
Tunik brings automated, remote environmental monitoring into the 21st century with modular IoT devices that anyone can deploy and operate.
Enki GéoSolutions Inc.
Develops and promotes innovative, sustainable geological solutions in the fields of energy, storage and development.
Toronto- mineral processing consultancy specializing in process design, project development and extracting toxic metals for value, from acidic waters.