Canada’s CEMI and METS Ignited Australia Sign MOU
September 12-2019, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
The Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI) – Canada and METS Ignited Australia Ltd. have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). METS Ignited Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mr. Adrian Beer said that “a relationship with Canada’s CEMI, will allow a mechanism for made in Australia solutions to enter the Canadian and Global mining ecosystems”. CEMI’s President/CEO Mr. Douglas Morrison believes that “this MOU allows for an intentional purpose-driven relationship between Canada and Australia’s mining innovation ecosystem”.
The MOU is to promote a collaborative strategic approach to the commercialization of mining innovations, which will benefit the mandates of both METS Ignited and CEMI. The MOU is a model for bilateral and multi-lateral collaboration between CEMI and METS Ignited, to accelerate the commercialization of mining innovations into the global mining industry by METS organizations in Australia and Canada.
The objectives of the MOU is to build the framework for facilitating the adoption of technologies emerging from Australia’s and Canada’s mining innovation ecosystems. This includes the following:
- Cross-promotion of each organization as facilitators for commercializing innovation in their respective countries;
- Technologies that sustain and expand existing mines;
- Exploration technologies that find new major ore bodies;
- Alternative extraction and material transportation technologies
- Transportation and power generation technologies that enable early mine construction;
- Tailings and waste management technologies that improve environmental performance;
- Water management technologies and,
- Smart Mining technologies including digitalization of mining operations based on analytics, AI, automation and robotics.
About METS Ignited Australia Ltd.
METS Ignited is an industry-led, government-funded, Growth Centre for the mining equipment, technology and services (METS) sector. METS Ignited works with Australian suppliers to the mining industry, global miners, research organizations and capital providers to improve the competitiveness and productivity of the Australian METS sector. METS Ignited can be reached by emailing Tobie Paulson firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.metsignited.org
About the Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation (CEMI)
Incorporated in Canada in 2007 – CEMI’s objective is to help the mining sector achieve a step-change improvement in performance by accelerating the commercial adoption of innovations in mines and by increasing the innovation capacity of the mining service companies that deliver techniques and technologies to the industry. CEMI offers innovation scouting and challenge solution matching services and works through networked solutions teams to accelerate the commercialization of vetted and validated mining innovations. CEMI can be reached by emailing Charles Nyabeze email@example.com or visiting www.cemi.ca